Saturday, July 2, 2005

Another Word from Bob


As the weekend arrives, we are thinking of you and the rich worship life you  will enjoy. This weekend you will be fortunate enough to here from the various  mission teams and the work Westminster is doing around the world.

I wish could be there to experience the joy and hear the stories. Our sabbatical journey has convinced me more than ever of the value of reaching out beyond our own circles and serving God's wide world.

Next weekend we'll also have the opportunity to host a dear friend of mine, Walter Jones, who will preach in the Sanctuary services at the Friendly Ave. campus. Walter was the senior minister of Eastminster Presbyterian in Stone Mountain, Ga., where I served before Westminster. He is a dear friend, an excellent preacher, and taught me the few good things I know. I've told him many great things about Westminster over the last 12 years, and I trust you will make me a truthful man when he comes!

I've kept the Mexico Mission Teams in my prayers of the last few weeks and hope and pray everything has gone as smoothly as it normally does. My gratitude to all who contributed, worked, went, and prayed for each mission endeavor to be celebrated and shared this weekend.

We miss you.

Bob

PS. We'll be helping to build a school for Palestinian and Jewish kids in Ibillin for the next few days and won't have email access. We love hearing your responses and look forward to them upon our return but will be unable to correspond again until late next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment